Duties and Responsibilities:
The Plant Health Care Technician will take direction from the Plant Health Care manager and will be properly trained in all aspects of our plant health care services.
Duties will include:
- Scouting and identifying existing and potential plant health care concerns on residential and commercial landscapes
- Completing various insect/disease control and fertilizer applications
- Comfortable and professionally speaking to clients on the phone and in person
- Daily routing of work orders
- Truck, trailer, and equipment inspections
- Positive attitude and ready to work each day
- Experience, knowledge, and education relating to: plant health care, landscaping, horticulture, urban forestry, tree and shrub care
- Have or have ability to obtain an Illinois Pesticide Operator license
- Clean driving record
- Good customer service skills
- Ability to work in various weather conditions
- Ability to lift 40 pounds and walk for long periods of time
- Valid driver’s license
How to Apply:
Please email your resume to Tom Rossi at TRossi@McGintyBros.com with reference to the job you are applying for in the subject line.
3744 East Cuba Road
Long Grove, IL 60047
Seasonal positions available. It is typical to work more than 50 hours per week with some Saturdays during the busy season.