Protect Your Property with McGinty Bros., Inc.'s Certified and Insured Tree Removal Services in Hawthorn Woods, Illinois
Storms and disease can damage your trees, but McGinty Bros., Inc. can stop that damage before it spreads. Expert tree removal services keep your Hawthorn Woods, Illinois home safe from property damage and hazardous conditions. Timely tree removal can also save your yard's other trees from disease or exposure to emerald ash borers.
All of our tree services are designed to keep your Hawthorn Woods, IL home safe and to save as many of your trees as possible.
Our tree removal services can include:
- A tree evaluation from our arborist or expert tree care teams.
- Safe and insured branch and trunk removal.
- Tree disposal.
- Stump grinding.
- Recommendations to keep your other trees safe from diseases and pests.
When Is It Time to Remove a Tree from Your Hawthorn Woods, Illinois Property?
Trees can encounter a lot of hazards throughout their centuries of life. Most of the time, trees can fight off damage with their own natural defenses or a bit of professional help. Other times, the damage is too severe and a tree removal team will need to cut down your tree. Here are three common signs that it's time to remove a tree:
- The tree has grown too close to your house or other structures. As young trees mature, their trunks and root systems expand. Sometimes that pushes trees too close to the foundation line or your roof. The roots can also start to damage the foundation.
- Significant physical damage has occurred. Diseases and storms can make trees structurally unsafe. If your tree is at risk of falling over, it needs to be removed in a controlled fashion.
- Emerald ash borers have infested the tree. Once emerald ash borers have started burrowing into an ash tree, the best policy is often to remove the whole thing. Serious infestations cause dieback and are likely to kill the tree within a few years. Letting it stay can also cause the invasive beetle to continue taking over your neighborhood. Learn more about emerald ash borers by contacting our team today.
McGinty Bros., Inc. Takes Every Step Possible to Save the Tree
Everyone loves trees, and, if you're here, you're no exception. That's why McGinty Bros., Inc. tries to save trees whenever possible instead of cutting the whole thing down. If you see damage from the last big storm, traces of disease and dieback, or any other problems with your trees, call in our tree doctor. We can diagnose the underlying cause of the damage and minimize invasive treatment procedures.
Instead of cutting down and removing your trees, we can:
- Remove dead or damaged branches. As long as storm damage didn't impact the core structural integrity of your tree, we can save as much of it as possible.
Our team can cut away branches that have been significantly damaged by storms. We can also cut down branches with scarred, cracked, or diseased bark. If a lopsided branch has grown too big and is threatening your whole tree, we can recommend the best corrective treatments.
- Brace the tree to prevent further structural problems. Sometimes trees don't grow upright. Alternatively, the trunk might grow into a Y-shaped split that can get worse and worse over time. If these problems are caught soon enough, we can manage the tree growth without cutting away any branches. Instead, we can brace and cable the trunk to add more support. Young trees can also be corrected with supports that make the trunk start to grow vertical again.
- Treat the tree to start removing pests or diseases. Trees have a pretty thick skin. But once it's compromised, more than their feelings get hurt. Any sign of disease or pest damage on your tree's bark is an indication something is still hurting your tree. Our team can analyze the damage and apply the right fungicides or pesticides to chase away the problem. Then we can add those treatments to our regular tree care routine so the pest or disease won't come back.
- Create a program of fertilizing and tree trimming to restore the tree's health. All of these methods treat the core problem, but they leave the tree vulnerable. Exposed wood is an invitation for pests and spores, and killing off beetles that burrow into tree trunks leave bits of wood exposed just like branch removal does. So our team will kickstart the healing process with deep root fertilizer treatments. If your trees grow aggressively, we can also regularly trim or prune them so oversized branches don't become a future problem.
Catching tree damage early on almost always saves the tree. That means it can continue to be a safe, beautiful part of your home or business's landscaping.
Our Hawthorn Woods, IL Tree Removal Team Is Certified and Experienced
We don't have an official tree whisperer on staff, but we have certified arborists who can get to the bottom of your trees' poor health. Our arborists can examine damaged trees to get to the root of the issue and recommend the right treatments. That evaluation can save your tree or, if it has to be removed, the surrounding trees.
Our Hawthorn Woods, IL tree removal teams also have the certifications and experience to keep your property safe during tree removals. We can cut down branches and remove your tree in sections to preserve the nearby trees and structures. With over sixty years of experience in local landscaping, we know how to cut trees down without putting your home at risk.
We Offer Branch Removal and Stump Grinding Services
Branch removal, just like tree removal, needs to be handled by the experts. Damaged and cracked branches are safety hazards, especially if they have fully separated from the tree and are caught in other branches. Even if the damage is just partial, exposed wood invites disease, stress, and greater damage over time. Our tree experts can cut the branch to remove as little tree mass as possible. We can also cover and treat the exposed wood so it heals quickly.
Tall trees and trees near structures or power lines need special handling and equipment. At McGinty Bros., Inc. we have the tools and the training to remove tall and risky branches without damaging the surrounding area. Even if you feel comfortable trimming your own trees, removing branches is another task entirely. So sit back, relax, and let our team do the hard work.
Tree removal can also leave your landscape pitted with stumps. These encourage pest infestations and can become trip hazards. Let our team grind down the stump up to 12" below the original grade, you can even use the stump grindings as mulch. Talk about locally sourced!
Additional Tree Care Services from McGinty Bros., Inc.
Tree removal is always the last resort. In order to minimize the odds that your trees ever reach that stage of damage, our tree care teams at McGinty Bros., Inc. offer a full range of tree care services and tree management programs. These services include:
- Tree trimming and pruning
- Mulching and seasonal tree protection services
- Professional tree evaluations from a certified arborist
- Stump removal
- Fertilizer,fungicide, and insect control treatments
When all of these tree management services work together, your trees grow stronger and healthier. Contact us today for an initial tree evaluation or call our Hawthorn Woods, IL team for emergency tree removal services.